A school, known as an educational institution is a place where students get to learn different subjects from their teachers. They learn to write, to read and to speak. School is the medium through which students get knowledge about various subjects and are prepared to become literate.
Sometimes getting admission to well-known schools becomes difficult. In most of the schools in Coimbatore, the admission process is easier for the primary classes. Getting admissions to higher grades is a difficult process. Sometimes getting direct admission in the lower class is also not as easy as it seems. Popular schools in Coimbatore conduct an entrance test that younger children have to pass in order to take admission in lower KG classes. Most of the schools have a quota for siblings to get admission if brother or sister already studies in the same school. People eagerly wait for Admission advertisements to know of the commencement of admission since it is often on first-come-first-serve basis.
Eligibility criteria to get admission
For taking admission in pre-primary schools, children must conform to the age criteria.
- For pre-primary 1 – the child must be 2 years old
- For pre-primary 2 – the child must be 3 years old
- For pre-primary 3 – the child must be 4 years old
Also, if a child wants to take admission in higher classes like 1 to 12, then he must clear the entrance test conducted by the respective school. This test can be CPS-SAT (CPS Scholastic Assessment Tool) or any such test.
Different schools follow different procedure for admission. Some of the common stages of admission in schools are:
- One should keep a check if the admission form has been released or not.
- One should properly fill-up the admission form with the requisite information.
- Before submitting the form, parents should visit the school and talk to the Principal and get a fair idea about the school environment.
- The duly filled admission form should be submitted without delay.
Taking admission in schools could be a tedious procedure. Staying up-to-date with respect to the opening of admissions in schools and the adherence to subsequent steps can greatly ease the difficulty in the process.