The Sanskrit phrase ‘VASUDHAIVAKUTUMBAKAM’ means the entire world – the animals, plants, resources and mankind – is ONE family and every being is interconnected and interdependent. Our aim is to enable children to gain awareness about themselves, their place in the world, and sensitise them to use earth’s resources mindfully; to create and live in a world that is sustainable and peaceful. Our children will understand that their actions create ripples of change as they think globally and act locally to create a positive impact in the society.
With the awareness that we are interconnected, we seek to build compassionate, responsible global citizens who contribute to a peaceful and sustainable future.
We aim to shift the focus from “I” the individual, to “we” the peers, to “us” the community and ultimately to “ours” the world we share.
Our Logo consists of three layers that come together as one vision.
The golden rays in the first layer represent the sun – the source of all energy and life on Earth.
The second layer is the Earth which is represented by a green circle.
The geometric symbol at the centre, the Yantra, stands for prosperity and sustainability. The word Yantra comes from the root word “yam” meaning support or sustain.
When these three layers come together, they bring to life our vision of knowledge, abundance and sustainability – to the individual, to the school, to the community, to the environment and to the planet.
Guiding Principles and Core Values
- Shift from mine to ours truly embracing the value ‘VASUDHAIVAKUTUMBAKAM’
- Create an awareness and understanding about the inter-dependence of all phenomena
- Synergise- Think win win
- Develop positive self esteem
- Learn and unlearn and relearn
- Nurture the ability to persevere, adapt and transform through courageous action
- Develop a social conscience to think, feel and act with empathy and responsibility.
- Think globally and act locally
- Provide life defining experiences
- Create platforms to contribute positively towards sustainable development
- Be the best of what one can be at any given point in time.
- Acquire the essential skills for the 21st century to collaborate, communicate think critically and creatively.